Of course you're going to need some shoes and they don't have to be expensive! I got mine for like 7 dollars a a thrift store which was a great find. You could also do this on some old shoes that just need a makeover. You might also want some shoe polish, in case your shoes need a touch up.
1. Take the painters tape and carefully tape around the edges of where you want the glitter to be. (I did the sole and under the heel. you could also do the outside of the platform)
2. Sand down the portion of the shoe that you want to be glittery. Make sure it's really sanded and then clean off with the antiseptic wipes.
3. Take one of the plastic cups and fill it a bit with some Mod Podge. (I used a bit too much in hindsight...maybe about 2/3 of what i used)
6. Now it's time to start touch-ups. Basically just paint over the sparse areas and gaps. Let them dry then add another full coat.
7. (Sorry i didn't photograph this part) Take the paintbrush in the dry mixture (with the glitter obviously) and brush the glitter over the wet coat of Mod Podge. Try to get it as covered as you can.
8. Repeat adding fresh coats/touching up sparse areas and covering with the dry glitter mixture. **Make sure the last coat is a Mod Podge coat, if you do the dry glitter last it will just fall off everywhere when you wear them** (unless you want to walk on a path of glitter everywhere...which might be cool...
10. Clean up the edges with some more alcohol wipes. If need, clean up the shoes with some shoe polish. And you're done! :-)
Have fun sparkling <3